I will be the first to admit I am behind when it comes to discovering new things but right now I am really enjoying Podcasts. I am sure you already know what those are but just in case, podcasts are a digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or mobile device, typically available as a series, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.
Since starting my new job, I have found myself listening to podcasts more often. Most days, I listen to about four hours. This means there have been a few gems I have found.
- Boss Girl Creative: “. Its focus: to teach the whys, hows and whats of blogging, business and being a creative entrepreneur.” Y’all Taylor has helped out so much for so many people. She is the one to talk to if you are serious about getting your blog/website off the ground. And she is a wonderful SEO helper. https://www.bossgirlcreative.com/
- Unsolved Murders: True Crime Stories: “Unsolved Murders: True Crime Stories is a podcast drama with a modern twist on old time radio that delves into the mystery of true cold cases and unsolved murders. ” https://www.parcast.com/unsolved/
- Historical Figures: Big Lives. Little-known Facts. Great, unknown stories hide inside history—every Wednesday, we dig up what you don’t know about the icons you do know. https://www.parcast.com/history/
- Myths and Legends: “This show brings you folklore that has shaped our world. Some are incredibly popular stories you think you know, but with surprising origins. Others are stories that might be new to you, but are definitely worth a listen.” https://www.mythpodcast.com/
- Lore: “SOMETIMES THE TRUTH IS MORE FRIGHTENING THAN FICTION” http://www.lorepodcast.com/
These are my favorite right now. There are a couple of more worth mentioning. Fictional (by the same guy who does Myths and Legends), The Most Wonderful Wonder (I binged these until there were no more. They are taking a little break so there will not be more for a while.), True Crime Obsessed (if you are not one for language then steer clear but these two hosts are funny.), S-Town (LANGUAGE!! This podcast is from the same people who brought you Serial. This is about a guy from a small southern town and how he moves through life and what he shares about the crap town he lives in. )
Do you have any favorite podcasts? Please share with us!